No restaurant food for a month challenge
Jomar and I decided to challenge ourselves by not eating at restaurants for a month. It's really difficult for me because I grew up in a family where we always dine out (minimum of once a week) or buy food from restaurants or fast food.
Rules and Exceptions
- No eating at restaurants (which includes coffee shop) that it's just the two of us.
- We can eat food from restaurants if someone else is paying for it (this is here because of my weekly work team lunch).
- We can eat out if there's a birthday celebration (this is here because Therese is celebrating her birthday this month).
- We can eat out during our once a month movie date.
- We're in a grocery store 1-2 times a week.
- I cook more frequently which I don't mind.
- I lost 5lbs in the first week that we didn't eat out.
FoodHere's a list of things I have cooked or I plan to cook:
- Chicken Tinola (Ginger and Onion Chicken Soup)
- Filipino Bistek
- Pork Kaldereta (Pork in Tomato Stew)
- Pork Nilaga
- Chicken Adobo
- Chicken giniling in tomato sauce
|Recipe from PanlasangPinoy.com|