My First Plane Ride: Hong Kong
The first time I was able to ride the plane was the year 2004. Our family is going to Hong Kong for a 3-day vacation. It was the first time I saw an airplane up close and as a teenager going up in a developing country - it's like a dream country. Below is the summary of what I remember from a trip that happened almost ten years ago:
- Eating hot noodles in one of the small eateries in Hong Kong. They served it in such big bowls!
- Having breakfast in McDonald's and was seriously shocked that they don't serve fries - they still have hash browns though.
- I was shopping galore at a Giordano shop which was on a 50%-off sale.
- Mother was asking a stranger for directions in Filipino - as it turns out the person she's talking to is from Malaysia.
- Riding the cable car in Ocean Park
- Riding the train which goes through the sea - seriously scary. I imagined a movie when the tunnel would collapse
- Going to their market and buying souvenirs
- Staying in a beautiful hotel
- Cold weather
- I saw a female student's school uniform with a knee-high skirt like Anime - in the Philippines, our school uniform skirt would typically be below the knee.
There you go. A quick summary of what I remember happening in HK. As a bonus (and an update), here are some photos from that vacation. My mom recently learned how to use the scanner, and she's been scanning a lot of pictures from the past.
|This picture is us riding the very long escalator in Ocean Park.|
I remember, Papa joking that the escalator is the ride.
|In Ocean Park|
|Inside the hotel|
|Me, Hovey, Mother, and Therese in the|
Hong Kong International Airport