The first time I was able to ride the plane was year 2004. Our family is going to Hong Kong for a 3-day vacation. It was the first time I saw a plane up close and as a teenager going up in a developing country - it's like a dream country. Below is the summary of what I remember from a trip that happened almost 10 years ago:
- Eating hot noodles in one of the small eatery in Hong Kong. They served it in such big bowls!
- Having breakfast in McDonald's and was seriously shocked that they don't serve fries - they still have hash browns though.
- Shopping galore at a Giordano shop which was on a 50%-off sale.
- Mother asking a complete stranger for directions in Filipino - as it turns out the person she's talking to is from Malaysia.
- Riding the cable car in Ocean Park
- Riding the train which goes through the sea - seriously scary. I was imagining a movie when the tunnel would collapse
- Going to their market and buying souvenirs
- Staying in a beautiful hotel
- Cold weather
- Seeing school uniform with knee-high skirt like the Anime - in the Philippines, our school uniform skirt would normally be below the knee.
There you go. A quick summary of what I remember happening in HK. As a bonus (and an update), here are some photos from that vacation. My mom recently learned how to use the scanner and she's been scanning a lot of pictures from the past.
|This is the very long escalator in the Ocean Park. |
I remember, Papa joking that the escalator is the ride.
|In Ocean Park|
|Inside the hotel|
|Me, Hovey, Mother, and Therese in the |
Hong Kong International Airport