Food Guide for Granville Island Public Market
If you have been checking out my blog so far, you would know that I work close to Granville Island and for my first year, my colleagues and I would eat lunch daily at the Granville Island Public Market. It's been my goal to try all the food places in the market and I, finally, finished it last month.
Tips and Thoughts
- Best place to sit: Near Blue Parrot. The tables in that section is big enough to hold 6-8 people, ideal for big groups plus it has the best view.
- Best time to visit: If you have time to spare, I highly recommend going after the lunch crowd. During summer months, bus tours stop at Granville Island for lunch and it's nearly impossible to get a chair and it's just crowded. I enjoy the peace of the market for early dinner or late snack between 4-6 pm. Don't forget that the market closes at 7 pm.
- Water source: If you don't want to spend money on drinks or just want water, there's a drinking fountain where you can refill your water bottle near Granny Muffin.
- Eat outside During non-winter months, you may want to eat outside and enjoy the fresh air and cold breeze. Be sure to protect your food from the birds. They'll attack you for your fish and chips.
- Enjoy live performances: Year-round, there'll be musician playing music with their violin or guitar or other instrument and serenading visitors to the Island.
|Lunch time crowd enjoying outside|