There are so many travel apps out there from before, during, and after you travel. On this page, I'll make a list of apps I normally use when I travel.
Before (Planning Stage)
Before (Planning Stage)
- Google will always be your friend when searching places to visit.
- I use Skyscanner when searching for flights just to get an idea on available airlines and price range but I usually buy on the airline website.
- I use Agoda when searching for hotel names in an area. I also booked my hotels there or sometimes on the hotel website depending on what's cheaper.
- I haven't tried AirBnB but I heard it's awesome so I'll definitely give it a shot on my next trip.
- Foursquare (bit bias since it's my fave app) for restaurants to try.
- I usually trust travel blogs more when figuring out what is available in a city and of course the local tourism website if it's available.
- I use Google Camera when taking photos because it allows me to take 360 degrees photosphere shots. (Plus, I use a Nexus 5.) Plus, all my photos is automatically uploaded privately in Google Photos.
- Swarm by Foursquare will always be my fave check-in app. It allows me to remember where I've been with a check-in, short caption, and a photo.
- I rarely share on Facebook when I travel but, yes I guess Facebook could be included here as well.
Trivia: I don't use Instagram and I am not active in Twitter that's why they are not included on this list.
- Google Photos. I don't need to transfer any of my photos or be worried about it getting lost. I don't even have to worry about creating an album because Google Photos automatically creates a Google Plus Story which you can share in you social media accounts. It's really great after traveling and when you want to relieve and go back to those moments.
- Maploco.com - this app was recommended in a travel Facebook group I am part of. It allows you to highlight countries or state or provinces in a map. Check it out.
- FlightDiary.Net - this app allows you to record your flight and it will prepare a dashboard of reports about your flight history (my fave data: apparently, I fly more during October - I didn't know about that). Check it ou
- Google Maps - I have a private Google Maps highlighting cities or town I've visited
- Your blog - if you maintain a blog, it's time for you to update it and share your latest adventure.
That's a list of travel apps I use. What travel apps do you use? Comment below.